Friday, May 22, 2009

Things I like: Satanists, The View, Michelle Obama's Prom Photo

I have a million a photos on my computer that I always intend to work into a post at some point but this rarely happens so I have decided to introduce a new feature titled "Things I Like" which showcases a vast assortment of gems culled from the depths of my hard drive. Enjoy!


If this is what satanist chicks looked like in the eighties I'm sad that I missed the boat. I found this photo in the "other religions" folder at the mid-manhattan picture library.



The Czech poster for Juliet of the Spirits . I am too inarticulate to describe how brilliant I think this is.


I got this biker chicks postcard at a truck stop in Arizona. It's propped up on my windshield in this photo. It's really amusing to me that the clothes that these girls are wearing are so outdated that they have actually come back into fashion before this postcard has ceased to be produced. Five years ago this would look have looked atrocious but now everyone's like, "Oh my god, where can I get a studded leather bralet???"


Michelle Obama's prom photo. I'm totally into the Emmanuelle chair.


The cover of the Christine Perfect LP. Also with the Emmanuelle chair. Does anyone know what those chairs are actually called? FYI this is Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac. Her name used to be Christine Perfect, which sounds so much cooler than Christine McVie. Not to knock Christine, she is amazing and happens to be the celebrity who I most closely resemble.


How unfortunate is Elizabeth Hasslebeck's outfit? She probably saw the Grey Gardens HBO movie with Drew Barrymore and was really inspired. That said, the point of this blurb is not that I hate Elizabeth Hasslebeck (which I do), but rather, that I love The View. I highly suggest that you watch it.


This girl from Garance Dore.

No comments:

Post a Comment