Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Collabs, Schmolabs...

Ok, so I know I would typically be really excited about a CFDA collaboration between Vena Cava and the Gap. Sounds like a good idea, I love Vena Cava's prints (though I do think the stylist for Gossip Girl should really put Serena in something else for once) and this black and white arrow print camisole I bought a few years ago is still one of my default wardrobe favorites. This morning I was trolling Refinery29 and was alerted to the partnership. Looks like Vena Cava is just heavily relying on the same exact print they did a few years ago, much to my dismay. Don't get me wrong, I like the Gap for certain things (like t-shirts) but I cannot stand the lint-collecting brushed cotton that they use so often...shudder. Plus I'm just miffed that my fave go-to top will soon have a million dopplegangers on sale for $14.99. Oh well. Here are some images that have surfaced, it's slated to hit stores June 16th for those that are interested:



Here's hoping that the rest will be a little more exciting. Of course the CFDA winner Alexander Wang is also doing a collection for the Gap which looks even more lackluster. Then again, I've just never really been much of a fan of A. Wang or the theme this year, khaki. The cropped motorcycle jacket is ok...all this is putting me to sleep but I guess I shouldn't expect to be dazzled by the Gap's offerings, right?



via the pipeline via racked

No comments:

Post a Comment