Sunday, May 10, 2009

I spy a DIY!

this weekend has been ok,I haven't been anywhere which seems a bit of a waste,but I just want to chilll!Yesterday,I took lots of photographs and painted a english rose on to a canvas,I will post a picture of it later this week when it has been hung on my wall.
Today I got up quite early,which is strange as it is Sunday,my usual lie in day.I found some old jeans from zara lying at the back of my wardrobe,I wore them probably twice last summer so I did a quick DIY on them and I took photographs so that if you have some jeans lying around you can do this very simple DIY to yours too.All I wanted was another pair of ripped skinnies to be worn with my black ankle boots which I hardly ever take off.Heres the how to...
picture 1 -equipment needed-jeans,cheese grater and sharp scissors.
picture 2-cut a straight line into your jeans,you can always stretch it too with your hands to make the rip messier.i cut mine on the knee as this is where i wanted my rip to be,you can cut your jeans anywhere,rips can look effective on any area of your jeans,even behind the knee if you wish(i'm going to be trying that soon,i've seen mary-kate with some jeans like that).the cut will fray the jeans a little.
picture 3-grab your cheese grater and move it up and down the rip you made,the jeans will fray and the thread from inside the jean will hang loose.
picture 4-no explanation needed,move your cheese grater up and down the rip until you are satisfied with the fray of the thread.
-this is my jeans after,all of these photographs were taken by me,so therefore are copyright to me,i did not put my blog name on them as it spoiled the pictures in my eyes,if i see or hear that they are on any other blog i will personally come to your house with a sledge hammer(jokes) but seriously,don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment