Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oops I Did it Again: Carefree vs. Karen Walker

Lately I've been spending a lot of time watching whatever my beloved Roku will bestow upon me, yesterday it was Carefree starring Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire while catching up on some Spring cleaning. Obviously, Karen Walker really liked the dress Amanda (Ginger) wears when she's being psychoanalyzed:





Karen Walker Fall 2007:



I was totally crazy in love with this dress from the moment I laid eyes on it...actually I have to say this is my favorite Karen Walker collection to date. Not sure who to give credit to, the costume designers for Carefree are Howard Greer and Edward Stevenson. I'm leaning towards Stevenson for the heart dress is particular because I'm pretty sure Greer primarily did gowns. Please enlighten me if you know for sure! So which dress do you prefer? I like the simplicity of the lightening bolt placement in the KW dress but I'm a total sucker for hearts and arrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment