Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things I Like: Scalloped Edges

I've been racking my brain trying to come up for a clever title for this post and it's just not possible. Mollusk jokes don't really seem appropriate for fashion blog, right? Anyways, scalloped edges have always been a favorite of mine.

Recently my passion for the dainty trim was re-ignited by this crazy-adorable Inari Chemise by featherbone that I picked up at Anthropologie:



Why limit my favorite edge to clothes? Behold a vintage Tea Rose Stationary Set:



A snowy white Faux Fur Cape, fit for a Mad Men Christmas Party:



I know a lot of girl like to wear bike shorts under skirts to prevent over-exposing themselves due to windy conditions...I'd prefer these scalloped Tap Pants by Lyell any day:



Of course I couldn't bring up the subject of scallops without mentioning Chloe! I wish I had been able to get my little mitts on this perfect Scalloped Skirt:



There's still hope if you're feeling crafty! Vain and Vapid has an informative tutorial, complete with a gin and tonic reward upon completion. All you need is an old skirt, sewing machine and some motivation. Oh and probably a lot of patience, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment