Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fashion on Film: Cat People

I love the Screen Shot posts on the Refinery 29 blog but I get a little annoyed because the Refinery 21 chick often blogs about movies that I've been meaning to blog about forever and it makes me feel like a lazy slacker when she beats me to the punch. Case and point: Cat People. Cat People is a sexed-up remake of the 40's classic of the same name. Nastassja Kinski plays a woman who turns into a totally aggro panther whenever she's feeling all hot and bothered. The clothes in the movie aren't that interesting but Nastassja Kinski is just so cool that whatever she wears becomes cool by association. Overall, the movie is a tad mediocre but I'm so into cats and crappy erotically-charged 80's thrillers that it doesn't really bother me. The poster, on the other hand, is pure brilliance.






Screen shots from Refinery 29

No comments:

Post a Comment